John Dewar School of Hypnotherapy
Venue: The Angel Hotel Leamington Spa WARWKS
EMDR Eye Movement
Desensitisation & Reprocessing including hypnosis
12th November 2017, 9.30am-4.30pm
Join this fantastic interactive event designed for
An extremely powerful and versatile therapeutic tool
and a must have for every therapists tool kit. Learn
how to successfully treat ‘traumas’ and other
Our day covers:
* The development of E.M.D.R.
* E.M.D.R. Procedure
* Preparing our client
* Working with our clients. The questions to ask
* Accelerated Information Process
* 8 stage process
* Information recording methods SUD…VOC
* The use and benefits of Hypnosis combined with
Our day involves:
* Learning all of the above
* Live demonstrations on cravings and single and
multiple trauma with volunteers
* One on one practise using E.M.D.R.
* Combining E.M.D.R. with Hypnosis
E.M.D.R. can be used for much more than just PTSD
(Trauma), I have successfully used E.M.D.R. on
phobias, fears, guilt and more. We will not be
spending the day talking through a manual nor face
death by PowerPoint. There will be an element of
presentation and most of our day, 80% will be on
practical use of E.M.D.R. We learn quicker and
easier by doing. We will practice on a Single Trauma
or Event and then Multiple Traumas or Events. We
will also cover & demonstrate the use of E.M.D.R. on
cravings for Substance Abuse, Nicotine and Food.
Think about how you learned to drive and I bet
nobody spent hours with his or her driving
instructor reading the Highway Code. We got into the
car and he/she explained the pedals, mirrors etc.
and we drove off and learned by doing. Our day will
consist of me explaining then a live demonstration
then you pair up and do the same. Your manual will
be presented to you on commencement and we will
refer to it as and when necessary. Some slides will
be used to cover some of the protocol. You will
experience and practise this powerful therapy tool
several times during the event.
What you will receive:
* A 20 page course manual
* Ring binder c/w punched pockets
* Full course and client recording notes.
* Exercise examples
* The confidence to treat a wider range of
* Tea/Coffee/Biscuits on arrival. Lunch is included.
Lunchtime drinks excluded.
The Award: CPD Diploma in EMDR incorporating